Monday, March 27, 2006

Startup

Hi everyone!

This blog will cover many weather-related things pertaining to the Memphis area. But first, let me introduce myself.

My name is Jake Hughes, and I live near Memphis. I plan to become a meteorologist in the National Weather Service someday. I have always been interested in weather, particularly severe weather. My interest in weather, I think, began because when I was a toddler, my grandfather would always watch the Weather Channel. I also remember specifically me and him watching coverage of Hurricane Danny.

I plan on receiving my Bachelors' Degree in meteorology then going on to get my Masters' Degree.

I currently own and maintain a weather station located in Germantown, TN. Data is uploaded to the Internet every minute. You can find my data at Weather Underground, CWOP, and AWEKAS.

Anyway, let me get on to my first real post.
Jake

No comments:

Syndication


[What is this?]

NEW: Simply click on the link below to add this content to anything you could possibly imagine.

Add to any service

Legal Information

© 2005-2007 by Jake Hughes. Some rights reserved - see below.

Creative Commons License

This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-Noncommercial-No Derivative Works 2.5 License.

Never base important decisions on this or any weather information obtained from the Internet.

All other trademarks and copyrighted material not mentioned here are the property of their respective owners.